Although a small vestibule with a small room, water and toilets was built in the 1960s, the church buildings were very inadequate for a busy church community trying to use its buildings for lots of activities.
In 2010 St Peter's Church Building in Doversgreen was sold and the money used to help build an Annex onto the West End of St Luke's Church. The money from St Peter's has been supplemented by grants from trusts and sacrificial giving from members of the congregation.
The New annex was opened by the Bishop of Croydon on 13th December 2015.
Take a tour of the new buildings!
St Luke's is committed to making our building available to the community to use at cost.
History of our Buildings
The Church Building is a locally listed building built in 1871 using Reigate Stone. If you would like to find out more about the history of the church, there is a booklet with more information which can be viewed and downloaded by clicking on the link below.
Read our booklet